A 10-week equity-free accelerator program for Seed to Series A startups based in Africa or developing Africa-centered solutions.
Google for Startups Accelerator Africa accepts applications from startups in Algeria, Botswana, Cameroon, Côte D’ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
Applications are now closed
Register your interest for future programs
About the program
About the program
Google for Startups Accelerator: Africa focuses on supporting growth-stage startups solving problems using advanced technology, such as AI/ML or data across key verticals.
The startups are paired with relevant Google and industry experts to solve their startup’s top challenges, and are provided with insights and best practices to improve their product and business.
Equity-free support: For duration of program.
Dedicated mentoring from Google teams.
Exclusive invitations to technical bootcamps hosted by Google, where qualified.
Access to experts
Access to Google's network of industry experts.
Google product credits
Eligible startups receive product credits.
Access to new Google products and tools as relevant.
Support on company and product strategy.
Technical project partnership
Work hand in hand with experts from Google on your biggest tech challenges.
- Startups demonstrating traction, ideally between Seed and Series A stage.
- Building a scalable product or service with a significant total addressable market and defensible growth model.
- Deeply technical, preferably leveraging technologies like Machine Learning and AI.
- Commitment from CTO and/or technical roles to participate and engage in required program sessions.
Frequently asked questions
The Google for Startups Accelerator: Africa is completely free for all participating startups, and Google does not take any equity.
Selected startups are given:
- Access to Google engineers, technical project partnership, Google product support and advice, custom mentorship,
- Inclusion in the Google for Startups Accelerator Global Community and network of alumni,
- Google Cloud Credits,
- Marketing spotlight opportunities.
*No grants or funding are given to startups on the program.
Accelerator Africa accepts applicants from 17 African countries. These are:
- Côte D'ivoire
- South Africa
It is mandatory for the CEO & CTO to attend and appropriate team members to be available to join all elements of the program.
Startups must meet specific criteria to be eligible for Google product credit offerings. To learn more about the Google Cloud credit eligibility requirements, please visit the Google Cloud startup page.